Resources for Teachers and Professionals
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center
- Transition Information Center
- The New America Foundation’s Asset Building
- CFED’s IDA Network
- Law, Health Policy, and Disability Center of the University of Iowa
- The World Institute on Disability
- Social Security Disability Starter Kits
- The Autism Society of North Carolina
The best source in North Carolina for connecting people who live with autism (and those who care about them) with resources, support, advocacy and information tailored to their unique needs.
- Parent to Parent
Programs provide emotional and informational support to families of children who have special needs most notably by matching parents seeking support with an experienced, trained 'Support Parent'.
- Youth Leadership Support Network
The Youth Leadership Support Network is an arts, education, media and training network. Its mission is to empower youths to express themselves and have a voice in society through diverse leadership opportunities.
- Disability Mentoring Day
- National Business and Disability Council
Internship and leadership development opportunities for students with disabilities
- The Youth Advocacy and Involvement Office
The Youth Advocacy and Involvement Office is home to four councils that involve North Carolina’s youth: Governor's Advocacy Council on Children and Youth (GACCY), State Youth Council, North Carolina Internship Council, North Carolina Youth Advisory Council.
- NC Business Leadership Network
The New Freedom Initiative’s Online Resource of Americans with Disabilities
- The Arc of North Carolina
State chapter of organization that advocates for children and adults with developmental disabilities.